Sunday, September 18, 2011

How to overcome the barriers of hurt!

Soooo lately I've realized that more than not people, especially women are hurting and in need of an encouraging lift, only not from others but from themselves.  My grandmother used to say if you haven't experienced a let down, well just keep living!  I hate sounding like a Debbie Downer, but it's true, life hands out all kinds of issues.  The question is, how does one handle each circumstance?  For some they have openly professed, when life gives lemons, make lemonade!  Or my glass is not half empty, it's half full.  It's always easier to give encouraging advice to others but when hurt or pain hits home, how do you encourage yourself?  I am a strong believer in God and I have always known prayer to be effective.  Many of us have lost touch of our beings.  We are friends to our friends but enemies to ourselves.  I challenge you to have an outer body experience, and use the same strength and words of encouragement that you would give to your friends to yourself.  The very thing or things that keep you so far down, develop its antonym.  Instead of saying, I'm ugly, say I'm beautiful, or instead of feeling worthless know that you are priceless.  Stop standing on the sidelines of life and cheering everyone else on.  Give yourself that much needed pat on your back!  The very fact that you are still here is a testament that God is still waiting for you to leave  your mark.  Ask God to give you His vision and start seeing yourself the way He sees you!  You are amazing, forgiven, a blessing and a Gem, you are a Pearl! 


Smooches,


1 comment:

Followers